Emory University Department of Emergency Medicine is searching for Faculty in Emergency Medicine who provides medical care to patients in a hospital emergency department. This includes examining, evaluating, and treating patients with emergent medical conditions, illnesses or injuries.
Qualifications: Georgia Medical License, graduation from an American Board of Emergency Medicine-certified residency training program, Emergency Medicine Board Certified or Board Eligible, Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification, hospital privileges at Grady Memorial and Emory Healthcare Hospitals, and an appointment to the Faculty of the Emory University School of Medicine.
1) Provide high quality patient care in one or more of the program's affiliated emergency departments
2) May participate in medical staff activity, department QA, or other service at one of the programs affiliated hospitals under the direction of the ED director of that hospital
3) May supervise medical students, house staff, and other trainees or learners
4) Insure that all emergency medical care delivered in the department meets a high standard of quality. The attending physician in the department is ultimately responsible for all care given in the ED during their shift
5) Maintain professional skills and an appropriate fund of knowledge through continuing medical education
Emory University is a leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the future. We welcome candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community.
Emory University is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Software Powered by iCIMS