The Aflac Cancer and Blood Disorders Center of Children's Healthcare of Atlanta and the Emory University Department of Pediatrics is seeking to hire a junior physician to serve as a member of our Hematology team.
• As a member of the Department of Pediatrics, you would report to Dr. Clinton Joiner as Section Chief of Hematology, Dr. Douglas Graham as Division Chief, and to Dr. Lucky Jain as Chair;
• Demonstrate a pattern of excellence and ongoing contributions in clinical medicine, as well as teaching and research;
• Develop a record of research excellence and publications under the institutional mentoring of Dr. Clinton Joiner (and others);
• Provide exemplary clinical service and assure that patients care for by you only receive the highest quality care;
• Devote 20% of your time continuing your Hematology research efforts, with the goal of publishing in peer-reviewed journals as well as forming the basis for grant applications
• Devote up to 80% effort to clinical responsibilities in the Aflac Cancer & Blood Disorders Center at Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta. We anticipate this time would include both inpatient and outpatient responsibilities that may be adjusted depending on service needs.
• Play a role in the education and training programs of the pediatric Hem/Onc/BMT Division. This would involve access to and involvement with medical students, residents, fellows, and occasionally physicians in practice;
• Collaborate with other members of the Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta and Emory University Department of Pediatrics, especially the Aflac Cancer & Blood Disorders Center, in building multi-disciplinary research projects; and
• Participate in periodic review of your activities to be performed by the Section Director of Hematology and the Director of the Aflac Cancer & Blood Disorders Center.
The Emory + Children’s Pediatric Institute is an affiliation between Emory University and Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta that is improving the lives of children in Georgia and beyond. The Pediatric Institute combines the unique strengths and resources of each institution in support of our three-part academic missions of providing outstanding clinical care, conducting innovative basic science discovery and clinical research, and coordinating exceptional education of the future healthcare workforce.
Our physicians, researchers, and educators have created a model where leadership, commitment and quality are fundamental components of success. Together, we are transforming pediatrics by achieving new levels of clinical excellence—driven by research, teaching and wellness. We look forward to our future together.
Emory University is a leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the future. We welcome candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community.
Emory University is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.