Emory University’s Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery seeks three full-time fellowship trained Cardiothoracic Surgeons at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor to join a robust team. An appointment at the level of Assistant Professor or Associate Professor is anticipated, depending upon the candidate’s qualifications. All three of these positions will practice adult cardiac surgery at one or more Emory hospitals, including call coverage. Candidates will be considered based on their particular experience and long-term career interest in one of the following required areas:
• Robotic Cardiac Surgery,
• Complex Aortic Surgery, or
• Heart & Lung Transplantation
Summary of Duties:
• Serve as a cardiothoracic surgeon for the Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery within the Department of Surgery with an active inpatient and outpatient practice, with coverage and practice responsibilities across Emory-owned and affiliated hospitals.
• Participate in efforts to provide outstanding clinical care, maintain/improve quality and patient safety, access to and management of clinical trials, and developing/refining innovative strategies in the field of adult cardiac surgery.
• Have particular efforts focused in the areas of interest noted above (robotic cardiac surgery, complex aortic surgery, or heart & lung transplantation).
• Participate in committees, peer review, present cases in the M&M case conferences, manage patient workups and procedures according department guidelines, and adopt any tools and/or technologies deemed part of the practice of adult cardiac surgery.
• Participate in clinical research within the Division as well as efforts to secure extramural funding.
• Participate in the education and mentorship of medical students, residents and fellows and other rotators through the cardiothoracic surgery service.
• Board certified in Cardiothoracic Surgery
• Cardiothoracic surgery fellowship
• A valid, unrestricted medical license to practice medicine in the State of Georgia
• A controlled Substance Registration Drug Enforcement Administration Certificate
Emory Healthcare is the largest health care system in Georgia, and the only health network in the state that brings together a full range of hospitals, clinics, and local practices.
Positioned in northeastern Georgia at the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains, Atlanta is a vibrant, tree-canopied city consisting of many neighborhoods, each displaying its own unique characteristic. This capital city boasts permanent, professional, resident companies in all major performing arts disciplines, four major team sports franchises, over 300 parks and nature preserves, a temperate climate, a world-class restaurant scene, and more than 30 colleges and universities. Atlanta is one of the fastest growing U.S. cities, with a greater metropolitan population of over 6 million, and the world’s busiest airport located a short ride away.
Interested applicants should apply online to be considered.
Emory University is a leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the future. We welcome candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community.
Emory University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.