Emory University and the Department of Pediatrics is seeking a candidate to serve as Assistant Program Director for the Pediatric Residency Program. The position will involve;
• Spending two months on inpatient service at Hughes Spalding and one service month as assigned by Dr. Susie Buchter, Program Director;
• Participate in the HSCH community clinic;
• Participate in morning report for the in-patient general pediatrics services.
and attend Continuity Clinic meetings;
• Attend Grand Rounds at Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta-Egleston and
• Thursday Resident Grand Rounds;
• Assist in teaching the course “Residents As Teachers”;
• Organize the annual intern retreat;
• Serve on the Resident Advisory Committee;
• Serve on a Clinical Competency Committee
• Schedule coverage, midpoint evaluations, and recruiting days for all residents;
• Participate in Resident Recruitment Days and Recruitment Dinners;
• Participate on the Resident Selection Committee;
• Attend departmental faculty meetings; and
• Organize career nights and other special events for the program.
Emory University is a leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the future. We welcome candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community.
Emory University is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.