The Emory + Children’s Pediatric Institute is an affiliation between Emory University and Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta that is improving the lives of children in Georgia and beyond. The Pediatric Institute combines the unique strengths and resources of each institution in support of our three-part academic missions of providing outstanding clinical care, conducting innovative basic science discovery and clinical research, and coordinating exceptional education of the future healthcare workforce.
Our physicians, researchers, and educators have created a model where leadership, commitment and quality are fundamental components of success. Together, we are transforming pediatrics by achieving new levels of clinical excellence—driven by research, teaching and wellness. We look forward to our future together.
The Emory + Children’s Pediatric Institute are seeking a transformational, visionary and collaborative pediatric general surgery leader with a strong clinical and academic foundation to serve as system-wide Chief of Pediatric General Surgery for Children’s and Division Chief of Pediatric General Surgery for Emory University School of Medicine. Children’s and Emory strive to be recognized as a local, regional and national pediatric general surgery program in advancing clinical, educational and scholarly activities with the goal of being a top tier program in all areas. The new Chief will have the opportunity to lead this endeavor and to shape the growth of a pediatric general surgery program that is the largest and one of the most comprehensive in the country.
The Chief will serve as the lead physician for pediatric general surgery services for the Children’s at Egleston and will provide strategic leadership and oversee clinical operations. He/she will guide and support the transformation of care delivery advancing a culture of excellence in pediatric general surgery. The Chief will be dedicated to the delivery of the highest quality patient care and consistency in clinical care standards, driven by patient safety requirements and clinical outcomes monitoring.
As the leader of the Division of Pediatric General Surgery of the Emory School of Medicine, Department of Surgery, he/she will be responsible for clinical services, faculty recruitment and development, the growth and advancement of research, scholarly activity and teaching excellence of the division. This leader will continue to improve education/training and sustain a strong commitment to departmental research efforts.
· Candidates must have demonstrated administrative and leadership accomplishments as well as an aptitude for mentoring and staff development.
· Successful candidates should possess excellent clinical skills and a strong track record in research and teaching as well as an in depth understanding of the practice of academic medicine.
· Candidates should have scholarly accomplishments in the health sciences, as well as recognition in the field of Pediatric General Surgery as evidenced by involvement in clinical societies at a national level. The position includes participation in education efforts for the ACGME-accredited Pediatric General Surgery residency
· Academic rank of associate professor or professor required.
· Board certified in General Surgery.
· Must possess a valid unrestricted medical license to practice in the State of Georgia.
· Must possess a valid controlled Substance Registration Drug Enforcement Administration Certificate.
· Must sign the Non-Compete Agreement of The Pediatric Institute as a condition of employment.