The Emory Department of Pediatrics and Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta (Children’s) are seeking a dynamic individual with experience in clinical trials to lead efforts to expand clinical research and streamline operations through The Emory+Children’s Pediatric Institute (The Pediatric Institute). The individual will capitalize upon and deploy the many available resources and will also build new research programs to enhance investigator-initiated trials, improve our systems for supporting clinical trials, and educate investigators in clinical research best practices. We seek an individual who is actively supportive of industry trials and collaborations, as well as multicenter trials sponsored by NIH. The individual should be an active clinician and an investigator with a significant track record in both clinical trials and mentoring, and who wishes to continue his/her own participation in research, while also serving in a system-wide leadership role.
1. MD and/or PhD active, funded clinical and/or translational investigator with proven success in leadership of federally and non-federally funded clinical and translational research. If MD, must be board certified in General Pediatrics, a pediatric sub-specialty, or other pediatrics-related specialty, appropriate to his/her training and clinical activities. Should meet eligibility requirements for credentialing as part of the Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta Professional Staff.
2. Demonstrated expertise and evidence for past success in:
3. Experience as investigator in a healthcare or academic setting; combination of healthcare and academic experience preferredl
4. Evidence of excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills as well as strong business acumen including problem solving, financial analysis, conflict resolution and staff development;
5. Ability to understand physician dynamics, multiple alignment models and work processess and experiences leading change efforts.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES