Ensure necessary support for carrying out Trachoma Expert Committee (TEC) meetings and other ITI-sponsored domestic and international meetings, conferences and events, including but not limited to:
a. Arranging participant travel and lodging;
b. Selecting venue and working with venue staff;
c. Works with caterers and restaurants to arrange meeting-related meals;
d. Completes travel authorization request forms and travel expense reports for
participants and ITI senior management;
e. Provides administrative support in the preparation of visa and passport
f. Orders materials, equipment, and consumables;
g. Arranges simultaneous translation services;
h. Proofreads ITI materials and presentations and provides assistance with
formatting and editing in advance of the meeting;
i. Records meeting minutes and develops summary reports;
j. Sends pre- and post-meeting communications to participants; and.
k. Develops the meeting budget and monitors and reports on expenses.
2. Independently maintains ITI Director’s calendar and scheduling by prioritizing meeting requests, scheduling appointments, and ensuring appropriate preparation for the Director’s daily activities.
3. Provides assistance with general office support such as ordering supplies and
equipment, answering telephones, managing DHL and courier shipments and accounts, distributing mail, and responding to general inquiries.
4. Whilst respecting confidentiality, reviews ITI Director’s daily incoming correspondence (email, voicemail, hard copy), prioritizes responses, and drafts email, memo, or letter responses for signature by the ITI Director.
5. Works closely with the ITI Director to prepare presentations and talking points in
preparation for domestic and international conferences and meetings, conference calls, and special events.
6. Coordinates domestic and foreign travel arrangements as directed for Director, Deputy Director, and TEC members. Includes preparation of travel requests, itineraries, accommodation, ground transportation, directions, visa submissions, submission of expense reports, and monitors reimbursements.
7. Compiles and reconciles monthly corporate card statements for Director and Deputy Director.
8. Ensures that ITI’s shared drive of program-related documents is up to date, well-
organized, easily accessible to ITI staff, and properly safeguarded against loss or
9. Assists in the preparation, editing, and dissemination of:
a. materials, briefing documents, talking points, and presentations for use in ITI-
sponsored domestic and international meetings, conferences and events;
b. periodic progress reports to donors and other key stakeholders;
c. analytical reports generated from ITI’s database;
d. manuscripts for submission;
e. contracts and contract amendments; and
f. other communications between ITI and key stakeholders.
10. Performs other ITI-related duties as assigned.
11. Participates fully as a member of the TFGH by contributing, assisting and participating in projects, activities, and initiatives as requested.