Appointment Type: 0.5 FTE for 2018-19; this position may be increased to a full time position after one year.
Job Description: Nell Hodgson Woodruff School of Nursing at Emory University is seeking a part-time Senior Instructor for the Nurse Anesthesia track within the DNP program. The Senior Instructor serves as a didactic and simulation instructor, working alongside the Director and Assistant Director. The Senior Instructor is responsible for mentoring and advising students throughout the program.
- Terminal Doctoral Degree (clinical or research doctorate) from an accredited institution.
- An unencumbered RN license or if out of state, be eligible for licensure as a registered professional nurse and Advanced Practice Nurse in the State of Georgia.
- Active CRNA Certification/Recertification by the National Board of Certification and Recertification for Nurse Anesthetists (NBCRNA).
- Experience with academic education, preferably within a nurse anesthesia program, including curriculum development, evaluation, and instruction.
- Demonstrated evidence of strong interpersonal and communications skills.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Ability to articulate plans and expectations in clear and consistent manner.
Salary Range: Commensurate with education and experience.
Essential Job Duties:
- Participates in local, regional, and national specialty organizations to be current on environmental issues that may affect the nurse anesthesia program and practice.
- Designs and provides expert instruction for nurse anesthesia preparation through didactic, simulation, clinic settings, and innovative approaches.
- Possible DNP committee participation.
- Completes appropriate programmatic documentation according to COA and Nell Hodgson Woodruff School of Nursing policies including program philosophy, objectives, and master schedule, organizational charts, administrative policies and procedures, budget information, committee meeting minutes, hospital statistics and data, current course outlines, objectives, examinations and testing materials, and self-study reports.
- Serves as a role model for clinical excellence.
- Responsive and accessible to student inquiries.
- Promotes a climate of collegiality and teamwork throughout the school.
- Personally exemplifies and promotes ethical and professional standards for individual and organizational behavior and decision-making.
- Maintains current and necessary education and skills for excellence in job performance to cope with dynamic environment and ensure success of the program.
- Maintains CRNA certification and active practice as a CRNA.
- Networks with internal and external constituencies to promote the interests of the DNP, Nurse Anesthesia program within the School and to establish significant professional relationships with peers.
- Represents the DNP, Nurse Anesthesia program to external audiences; represents the programs interests of the School of Nursing.
- Establishes, strengthens, and maintains program relations between and among the School of Nursing, other Emory University divisions, Emory Healthcare, other institutions, government agencies and officials.
- Other duties as assigned.
Other: This is a new position, and will require the faculty member to be flexible, innovative and engaged in building the Nurse Anesthesia DNP Program.