Children's Healthcare of Atlanta and Emory University School of Medicine are seeking an accomplished pediatric neurologist and experienced leader with a strong clinical and academic foundation to serve as Chief Neurosciences for Children's and Division Director of Pediatric Neurology for Emory University School of Medicine.
As the leader of the Neurosciences for Children's, the Chief will advance a strategy and lead the comprehensive neurosciences program to the next level through the advancement of clinical programs and clinical outcomes while continuing to meet and exceed national standards of excellence. The Chief is also responsible for the advancement of research and teaching excellence of the Division of Neurology as well as the academic and clinical planning, development and resource management. The Chief will oversee the management of the Neurology Practice and Division, to include direct oversight of the financial and human resources and will have accountability for the division's clinical service and operational performance. The Chief will foster and support research in basic science, translational, and clinical research in alignment with the vision and mission of Emory School of Medicine. He/she will oversee the continuing education of the Division's faculty and overall educational mission. The Chief is responsible for implementing and overseeing a culture of excellence in patient care, education and research in a diverse environment where respect and support for patients, families and professionals of all diverse demographic groups is critical. Building diversity and inclusion among faculty, staff and trainees is also very important.
The Chief will identify opportunities to partner with other physicians in the community on provision of specific clinical services to proactively meet patient demand, balancing the need to maintain positive relationships with community providers while fostering the growth of the clinical enterprise.
• Doctor of Medicine (MD/DO) from an accredited school of medicine; Board Certification in child neurology and eligibility for licensure in Georgia are required.
• Eligible for an appointment as an Associate Professor or Professor at the Emory University School of Medicine.
• Meet eligibility requirements for credentialing as part of Children’s professional staff.
• An advanced degree in Business, Health Administration, Public Health and/or PhD is highly desirable.
Experience and Skills
• Demonstrated success within an academic department, ideally at the medical director or chief role.
• Scholarly activity in an academic environment with a national reputation of excellence in research, education and clinical care, gained within an advanced and highly complex market.
• Contributed seminally to their field, either through clinical or laboratory research, and must be able to communicate well with both areas. Demonstrated exceptional commitment to patient care and the family experience.
• An experienced leader with a powerful combination of vision, energy, and leadership with a track record of being a unifier. Can galvanize a group of specialists into one vision.
• Significant inpatient clinical operations/management experience and alignment/engagement of physicians.
• Evident passion for patient care and service; including the ability to lead service improvement efforts by example.
• Track record of bringing disparate groups together.
Interested Candidates should attach current CV